AFRICA PARTNERSHIPS AND SPECIAL INITIATIVES LEAD CDI
We are an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We’re a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
Practical Action’s vision is a world that works better for everyone.
About the role
The role works with and supports the Africa Director in making sure the Africa strategy is on track, the Africa agenda on climate is taken forward and business development is kept live and vibrant. It supports the African countries in scanning business environments, funding intelligence and business communications to ensure that our work is effectively and widely communicated internally and externally.
The role requires an all-rounded dependable, energetic, and highly skilled team member with research Business Development and Communication background who is ready to take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating the design, implementation, and evaluation of multi country programming in the region and share knowledge of climate change, professional experience and networks to enhance programmes and activities.
- Coordinate engagements between Country and Global offices on mainstreaming climate and gender transformation in program design and implementation
- Take a lead in climate change advocacy either directly or through strategic partnerships with a focus on enhancing vulnerable communities to be resilient to climate hazards.
- The role supports MEL teams and coordinates engagement on learning following the Africa Director’s initiatives to make sure that there is learning at regional level.
- Support Africa Director in pursuing business opportunities and lead in all relevant influencing spaces to enhance our visibility and positioning.
- Deliver effective communications, presentations, writing winning proposals and take donors forward.
- Develop powerful concept notes and leading our business development network to build skills, capabilities and improve our overall fundraising performance.
- Tracking, identifying, and pursuing strategic opportunities and building/strengthening our relationships with key donors.
- Work with multilateral and bilateral organizations such as UN, World Bank, IFAD, UNFCCC, AU, IGAD, AFBD etc. and identify events and spaces where Practical Action would participate.
Location: This role is being advertised to attract suitable candidates from across Africa and beyond. The successful candidate could be based in any of the countries with a Practical Action presence – Rwanda, Sudan, Senegal, Kenya & Zimbabwe therefore the Right to Work for the respective country is essential.
Remote working/home working is possible with this role.
Salary: The salary and benefits will be applied according to the salary scale in the country where the candidate is appointed.
Practical Action is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage applications from under-represented groups. We stay committed to cultivating an inclusive and diverse working environment and believe that people from different backgrounds or cultures give us different perspectives, and the more perspectives we have, the more successful we will be. By building a culture where everyone feels heard, respected and valued we give everyone working with us the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal checks and terrorist financing. Please note that should we recruit a suitable candidate before the closing date, we will close applications earlier than the specified date.
A detailed Job Description can be accessed through this link: https://practicalaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Africa-Partnerships-and-Special-Initiatives-Lead.pdf
How to apply
Submit your CV and a supporting statement outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 14th February 2023
Tentative date for 1st interview: Tuesday 21st February 2023
Tentative date for 2nd interview: Friday 24th February 2023
Cette offre d'emploi est pourvue. Veuillez ne pas envoyer votre candidature sur cette offre.
Vous pouvez voir les offres disponibles en cliquant ici.