Chemonics seeks a WASH innovation advisor for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activity in Senegal. The purpose of this new activity is to increase sustainable access to improved sanitation and water services while increasing consumer demand. The WASH Innovation Advisor will be responsible for leading the Activity’s efforts in translating research into practice to institutionalize market-based WASH service delivery, including financially sustainable and inclusive management models and private sector participation. The WASH Innovation Advisor will report to the chief of party (COP) and will work closely with other technical personnel and activity partners. This position will be based in Dakar, Senegal, with frequent travel to target activity zones throughout Senegal.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop and manage activities related to area-wide, inclusive sanitation and solutions tailored to urban, peri-urban, and rural contexts
- Provide strategic advisory to the project team to bridge research, policy, and practice in WASH innovation by accelerating and managing high-impact innovation projects and convening strategic and operational learning to the activity team, partners, and key stakeholders
- Engage with water service providers to co-develop and implement more efficient management, operations, and maintenance solutions that help utilities increase service coverage
- Work across teams to ensure the perspectives and voices of women, youth, and underrepresented or underserved groups are integral to the activity’s implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, public health, or another relevant field required; advanced degree preferred
- 8 years of relevant professional experience in the water, sanitation, and hygiene sector
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with local and international research institutions, private sector associations, civil society organizations; ability to develop and implement effective project initiatives in collaboration with private sector entities
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions in the WASH sector
- Experience and relationships with the innovation ecosystem in Senegal preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French (required)
How to apply
Please send an email with your updated CV, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references attached and “WASH Innovation Advisor Senegal WASH Activity” in the subject line to Mr. Luca DiDomenico at [email protected] by March 17, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.