Procurement and Logistics Assistant CDD
Special Vacancy Notice
Open to both internal and external candidates
Position Title : Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Duty Station : Dakar, Senegal
Category : General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of appointment : Special Short Term 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimate start date : As soon as possible
Closing date : 5-juin-23
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For this vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Manager Officer the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Organization of procurement process including;
- Receive the approved procurement and supply requisitions from the main office, medical department and field offices
- Conduct RFQs, ITBs or RFPs
- Receipt of quotations, bids or proposals
- Evaluation of received proposals/quotations to ensure compliance with IOM procurement policy
- Share and advice the project managers and supervisors on offer collected and best goods/services to be procured.
- Prepare Purchase orders/ contracts and ensure all approvals are obtained, deliver the Purchase orders to the suppliers and obtain their signatures on the same.
- Follow up with suppliers and ensure timely and proper delivery of the Goods/ Services.
- Coordinate with the receiving unit on Goods/Services to be received and obtain the satisfactory delivery notes
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with order and goods/services received.
- Prepare Payment requests and ensure timely payment to suppliers/ service providers.
- Assist in the contract process throughout the procurement cycle including needs definition, market research, tender issuance and vendor performance evaluation in accordance to IOM procurement rules.
- Keep proper data base of procurement related contracts and coordinate with the Senior Procurement assistant on any expiring contracts that requires renewal.
- Make sure all purchased assets are properly recorded into SAP and perform regular inventory checks to ensure physical assets are tallying with records in SAP and that all assets are properly tagged.
- Suggest internal control mechanisms to safeguard the Organization’s assets and prevent fraud. Ensure that appropriate records of assets disposal are kept on and those assets are disposed as per IOM Procurement and Asset Management policies.
- Conduct and follow up the office needs of stock, expendables, services and share the same with the Senior Procurement Assistant.
- Assist in all other logistics services, such as maintenance and repair of office facilities (including preventive maintenance), maintenance of the fleet of IOM vehicles and other common support services at the Mission as well as establish maintenance agreements with competent providers when it is feasible and determined to be cost-effective.
- Adhere to IOM procurement Manual and assist the RMO in implementation of effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Maintain proper filing of all procurement-related documents.
- Participate in the One UN procurement Working Group as applicable,
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Project Management with 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and SharePoint.
- Tolerant individual with ability to work with people from different background and with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested.
- Capable of working under stressful and difficult conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Previous work experience with an international/UN organization would be a strong advantage
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills with ability to work well in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible working modalities and ability to handle pressure is desirable
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written) with.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/oral assessments.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
- manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internal candidates of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to: [email protected] referring to this advertisement in the subject: “SVN-CO-007-2023 and complete name”. Application must contain a CV and a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 23.05.2023 to 05.06.2023