Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party, operations (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activity in Senegal. The purpose of this new activity is to increase sustainable access to improved sanitation and water services while increasing consumer demand. The deputy chief of party will support the chief of party in ensuring contractual obligations are met and in fostering relationships with national-level stakeholders and local actors in the sanitation and water sectors. The DCOP will also spearhead the integration of cross-sectoral best practices in project management from youth and gender to monitoring, evaluation, and learning and adaptative management. This position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- With the chief of party, closely oversees day-to-day implementation, personnel management, reporting, and monitoring in target activity geographies
- Serves as alternate point of contact for Chemonics and USAID and acting chief of party when the chief of party is unavailable
- Ensures technical team has a cohesive and demand-driven strategy that leverages stakeholders’ commitment for effective result delivery and implementation of activities at intervention sites
- Oversees technical delivery of program activities around sustainable access to improved sanitation and water services
- In close coordination with the chief of party, systematically engages national and subnational policy makers, private sector actors, and community representatives
- Informs adaptive management for achieving expected results
- Work across teams to ensure the perspectives and voices of women, youth, and underrepresented or underserved groups are integral to the activity’s implementation.
- Takes lead role in work planning processes, pause and reflect sessions, and other collaborative learning events using MEL data and political economy information to make adjustments to the work plans and interventions as appropriate
- Advanced degree in relevant field such as international affairs, international development, water management, global public health, or another relevant field
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience managing international donor-funded programs, including five years of experience supporting programs in the WASH sector
- 5 or more years of management experience supporting technical assistance donor-funded/USAID-funded projects in developing countries
- Previous experience managing similar donor-funded projects in West Africa and/or Senegal
- Demonstrated experience supporting complex contracts and agreements, USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements is required
- Demonstrated ability to work in challenging environments and with multi-cultural teams
- Working knowledge of and experience with multi-lateral and bi-lateral regulations and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain internal and external relationships with stakeholders, partners, and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to contribute to, review, edit and draft project reports and technical deliverables
- Financial management skills, including budgeting and budget management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French (required)
How to apply
Please send an email with your updated CV, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references attached and “Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Senegal WASH Activity” in the subject line to Mr. Luca DiDomenico at [email protected] by March 17, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.