Amnesty International is looking for a volunteer to support in digital marketing and webmastering activities in order to mobilize and engage audiences around the trending human rights issues in the West and Central Africa region. Ideally, the volunteer would work five days a week for a maximum of 6 months.
The selected candidate will acquire an array of benefits including an introduction to human rights dynamics in the West and Central Africa Region, as well as familiarity with regional and local organizations. The volunteer will work with a wide range of people, getting involved in varied research and campaign work, and innovative communication projects to make a difference in the fight for and awareness of human rights in the region and globally.
Amnesty International – Dakar West and Central Africa Regional Office will provide a monthly stipend of 150,000 FCFA to cover expenses.
You will be a graduate or postgraduate student with knowledge and skills in web-editing, web mastering, digital marketing and analytics. You will have knowledge of campaigning, and the work that Amnesty International does, as well as a keen interest in human rights issues in the West and Central Africa region. You will have good inter-personal skills and be able to communicate confidently and effectively, with fluency in both French and English.
- Help build and maintain Facebook, Twitter and Google paid campaigns.
- Help build and maintain websites for Section countries including landing pages for campaigns.
- Ensure that all content is fact-checked and on brand, and that assets used are either properly approved and credited in accordance with Amnesty International guidelines and our Law and Policy department.
- Re-edit existing webpages and posts in a variety of formats or languages with the help of our translation department or interpreters.
- Help maintain and improve master reporting templates and dashboards.
- Help sections report on their digital platforms use with Google Analytics, Facebook and Twitter Insights.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing tactics and strategies.
- Experience with WordPress CMS and good web-editing skills.
- Good command of Canva, Photoshop, and Illustrator will be appreciated.
- Fluent level of written and spoken English and French.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of current social media trends and how to optimize ads to improve performances.
- Experience and/or interest in analytics and reporting for social media and websites.
Relevant plugins and tools licenses will be provided for the intern in order to fulfill tasks related to his/her role.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.**
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply