IOM recruits 01 Senior Project Assistant
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Director and in close collaboration with relevant units within the Regional Office, the Executive Assistant will be responsible and accountable for the management and monitoring of the overall function of the office of the IOM Regional Director for West and Central Africa.
In particular, s/he will perform the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Support the Project Manager with project implementation and reporting, including by:
- Assist in the implementation of knowledge and policy related activities: research, compile, and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports, plans, studies, briefings, training, meetings/conferences, etc. Review and draft a variety of standard papers and other reports using various platforms. Proofread documents and edit text and/or numerical values for accuracy, style and adherence to established format standards.
- Assist in the maintenance of the project’s communication products (flyer, webpage, etc.) and in the preparation of presentation materials. Monitor, prepare, and distribute various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handle arrangements for printing and translation as necessary; coordinate shipment or courier services, etc. Maintain calendar/schedules, monitor changes and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff.
- Assist in the liaison with project stakeholders, including governmental officials, UN representatives and other IOM offices (draft and coordinate, agendas, talking points, project updates, notes for file, official letters, etc.).
- Perform and coordinate administrative tasks (e.g. arrangements and note-taking for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), including the preparation and/or processing of administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, etc.).
- Monitor processes and schedules related to the project and, where applicable, assist in the verification and update of accuracy of documents, reports, etc. to ensure correctness and compliance with relevant guidance material.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
- Support the Migration, Environment and Climate Change Regional Thematic Specialist for West and Central Africa (MECC WCA RTS) with project development and implementation, policy engagement and research:
- Contribute to strengthening the synergies of the other ongoing regional policy and communication activities with the project’s activities, including by assisting the Regional Office in its commitment for the World Water Forum and the GCM Regional Review and implementation, and other policy processes.
- Support on-going research in the region on key topics and priorities (e.g. migration and agriculture, pastoralism, coastal erosion, etc.)
- Draft public information documents, presentations, website articles, and reports on IOM activities, for internal and external distribution.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the MECC WCA RTS.
Communicate on a regular basis with the Project Manager and with the MECC WCA RTS in order to discuss outputs, exchange ideas and receive feedback.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Political Science, Development, Environment, Migration Studies, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience, preferably in project management support or similar roles; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of regional and national policies, process, and actors in West Africa relevant to environmental migration and disaster displacement (ECOWAS, MIDWA, CEN-SAD etc.)
- Demonstrated drafting skills in English and French, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Excel.
- Previous work experience in governmental institutions or international organizations would be an advantage.
- Prior experience in the migration, environment and climate change sector would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Portuguese or another regional language would be an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication and explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications (CV and cover letter in a unique PDF file) to: [email protected] by 31 January 2023 at the latest, with email subject: ‘ROWCA-HR-23-001-VN’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cette offre d'emploi est pourvue. Veuillez ne pas envoyer votre candidature sur cette offre.
Vous pouvez voir les offres disponibles en cliquant ici.