Danish Refugee Council
DRC has been operating in West Africa since 1998 and in Latin America and the Caribbean since 2011. The DRC West-North Africa & Latin America (WANALA) Regional Office is based in Dakar, Senegal, and covers several countries. Led by the Regional Executive Director, the DRC WANALA oversees, supports, and provides strategic directions for DRC’s Country Offices within the above-mentioned regions: it includes Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Tunisia, Venezuela.
The DRC WANALA is looking to recruit an experienced, highly qualified, and enthusiastic Regional Supply Chain Manager who will be responsible for :
- Advising senior regional leadership on supply chain matters in the region
- Providing technical support (capacity building, expert advice, compliance monitoring and substitution) to Country Operations in Region on supply chain matters, and for implementing global supply chain policies and SOPs across the region
- Supporting the Head of Supply Chain, HQ by collecting and reporting regional KPIs, and participating in Global Supply Chain leadership group
The Regional Supply Chain Manager has a team composed of the following positions :
- 2 Regional Specialists (permanent)
- 1 Regional IT Specialist
- 1 Supply Chain Team Leader
- 1 Procurement Officer
- 1 Administration Officer
- 1 Driver/Maintenance
Placed under the management of the Regional Head of Support Services and under the technical supervision of the Head of Supply based at headquarters, the Regional Supply Chain Manager will act as :
Advisor to senior regional leadership
- Advise ERD directly on all supply chain matters within the authorization of the ERD, such as High Value Approvals and Derogations from supply chain governance framework
- Liaise and collaborate with the ORD on supply chain issues in CO, such as risks, non-compliance, and deviation from global procedures
- Keep the RHOSS informed of regional supply chain matters
Technical support to Country Operations
- Responsible for providing technical support to Country operations in region on supply chain matters (procurement, assets, warehousing, and other logistics) in accordance with global supply chain policies and processes
- Perform capacity building of staff based on training material developed by HQ and refined to meet local context
- Provide expert advice on queries from stakeholders in regional and country offices
- Provide substitution of supply chain staff to country operations as and when required
Regional compliance control and tools
- Perform compliance monitoring of supply chain performance at regional and country level in line with global KPIs
- Ensure compliance in region and country offices through high-level data controls and spot checks
- In collaboration with HQ, follow up on audit findings and propose adjustments to global policies and processes as appropriate
- Oversee and monitor proper archiving of supply chain documentation in accordance with global standards
- Perform derogation management in accordance with global standards
- Perform High Value Approval review in accordance with global standards
- Direct line management of a group of specialists at regional office
- Technical line management of a group of Country Supply Chain Managers
- Business and professional leadership between the operation/programme and supply chain support function, both at regional and country level
- In collaboration with HQ and other Regional Supply Chain Managers, embrace, support, and take active part in maintaining and developing supply chain procedures and processes and recommend adequate steps to minimize financial and operation risks
- Embrace and promote the use of DRC Dynamics throughout the region and country operations, maintain regional roster of Supply Chain Dynamics Super Users
- Exercise role as Procurement Manager in DRC Dynamics
- Review and approve Purchase Orders (within given authority) raised by regional supply chain staff for the support of regional office operations
Member of following committees
- RHOSS management team
- Global Supply Chain leadership group (with HQ Head Supply Chain and other Regional Supply Chain Managers)
- Dynamics Business Process Board for Procure-to-Provide (could be delegated to a CO Supply Chain Manager in region)
In addition, the Regional Supply Chain Manager may be asked to take other tasks and work in the limits of the current job description at the request of the Regional Head of Support Services or Head of Supply.
- Academic degree in a relevant field, e.g., Supply Chain, Economics, Law, Administration, Engineering etc. In lieu of formal education, additional years of direct supply chain experience can be accepted
- Supply Chain certificate, e.g., CIPS or similar
- 8-10 years’ experience within one or more of the technical supply chain areas
- 3-5 years’ experience with leadership or change management, preferably gained in a field setting
- 1-3 years’ experience with programme management and ERP systems
- English fluent
- For WANALA – French fluent, Spanish would be a plus
How to apply
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line**: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies.** All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both can be in English or in French**.**
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot employ, under an expatriate contract, a citizen of the country in which she/ he is going to be stationed (in such case, the Republic of Senegal or the country of assignment)
Applications close on June, the 22nd, 2023 (5 pm. Dakar-time).Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
DRC will be reviewing the applications on a rolling basis and it will reserve the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above mentioned deadline.
Cette offre d'emploi est pourvue. Veuillez ne pas envoyer votre candidature sur cette offre.
Vous pouvez voir les offres disponibles en cliquant ici.