Norwegian Refugee Council
The NRC Central and West Africa region includes operations in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria.
Located in Dakar, Senegal, the Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) oversees the country programmes in the region, and provides strategic guidance and oversight across core programme, advocacy and support functions.
About the Position
The Regional Communications Adviser is responsible for ensuring both displaced people and NRC’s work in the region get visibility to the global general public that builds awareness and support for NRC and displaced people.
The position holder does this by working with staff across the region to collect, curate and prepare quality content for publication through NRC’s global and regional channels. The focus of this content is around public engagement and fundraising. It is separate from the regional advocacy and media but works closely with those staff when there are synergies.
The position holder is judged by the extent that it gets content from the region published on NRC’s global channels giving visibility to the region, the extent that the content engages people to show support for NRC, including making financial contributions.
The role is part of the regional Advocacy Media and Communication Department and has a technical line to the Global Public Engagement and Brand Identity team at Head Office.
some of your roles and responsibilities include: –
- Own/contributing to regional digital channels and the strategy for using them.
- Editing videos together with video advisers at Head Office, including using animation and after effects
- Producing and editing content as required for global institutional donor visibility and reporting ensuring that these products as far as possible serve wider communications goals and plans
- Contributing to management and use of NRC’s Digital Asset Management System (ResourceSpace)
- Supporting on regional crisis communications, including social media monitoring.
- Public Engagement and Brand Identity Section (External Relations Department); content gathering for global content production, creating and editing content for public engagement, social media account management, NRC Identity
- Regional Advocacy Media and Communication Department: coordination on content gathering and dissemination, contribution to content gathering for advocacy and media products, organization or participation in joint initiatives.
- Communication staff/focal point in the region’s country offices: coordinate plans and content gathering, training and general communications work.
- Programme staff and senior managers across the region: sourcing content, aligning strategies for communication with programmes and advocacy
- Fundraising Section and Donor Management Section (External Relations Department); contribute to content gathering for fundraising activities,
- Corporate Partnership Section (External Relations Department); contribute content, content planning for regional corporate partners.
- Communications staff in other regions; coordinate content gathering efforts and skills, participate in network of communications trainers across NRC, gap-filling in other regions when relevant.
What you will bring
- Minimum 3 years experience of communications including content creation.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully working across multiple teams and cultures.
- Ability to take quality photographs and video as well as do photo editing.
- Knowledge of interview techniques and ability to interview people in a vulnerable situation in order to amplify their voices and create effective content.
- Experience in producing social media content and manage social media accounts for brands.
- Strong ability to organise and deliver trainings and mentor colleagues in a way that raises capacity over time.
- Experience in producing content for different target audiences.
- Experience in video editing is desirable.
- Field experience from complex emergencies and humanitarian work is desirable.
- Evidence of finding innovative ways to get content such as using third parties is desirable.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and French is essential.
- Behavioural competencies in – Handling insecure environments; Planning and delivering results; Working with people; Analysing; Communication with impact and respect
Find more details and Apply HERE
Publication closing 2nd February 2023
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract
- Grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure
- Family duty station with accompanied benefits
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**
Incase of any challenges in application process, please write to us [email protected]
How to apply
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter reliefweb.int.