Health Researcher CDI
International Rescue Committee
This position can be fully remote in all US IRC locations.
The IRC’s Airbel Impact Lab designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, research, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and precision, flexibility and expertise, and a desire to think afresh with the experience and reputation of a large-scale implementing organization.
We are seeking an experienced Health Researcher to support the design, development, management and implementation of research, learning and evidence generating activities for a diverse portfolio of health-related research projects. The Health Researcher will jointly sit with Airbel and the Health Technical Unit which supports health, nutrition and environmental health programs in over 34 countries.
In addition to providing support to existing projects, the Health Researcher will be expected to take ownership of IRC’s Health Research and Learning Agenda. This includes business development, partnership match-making, and continual prioritization and support of research studies across the thematic areas of: immunizations; MHPSS; non-communicable diseases; environmental health; infection prevention and control; antimicrobial resistance; and systems strengthening.
This position requires strong epidemiological research and project management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, knowledge and implementation of ethical and equitable research approaches; and prior experience working with qualitative & quantitative data. This portion of the position is expected to grow and oversee the health research portfolio and team pending successful fundraising.
• Support research related business development activities, including conducting literature reviews, brainstorming research design ideas, developing proposals and engaging with country programs
• Play a lead role in securing ethics approval for Health research studies and ensuring that all Health research studies meet ethical requirements and IRC research standards for rigor and equity
• Work closely with technical colleagues to generate learning and research agendas for different thematic areas
• Collaborate with relevant country programs to lay the groundwork for research implementation.
• Provide direct support in rolling out and managing research activities related to Health priority areas, including but not limited to developing the work plan and managing the budget
• Assist in developing research instruments, conducting data collection training, and monitoring progress of research activities
• Serve as advisor or co-investigator on research projects
• Play a lead role in monitoring the quality of data collected and conducting data analysis, including cost-efficiency analysis and rolling out and monitoring of performance metrics for Health programs
• Lead coordination within Health and across technical units and country programs to collect the necessary information for donor reporting. Responsible for ensuring completion and timely submission of donor reports
• Responsible for coordination with academic partners, when applicable
• Support research dissemination activities, including developing presentations, briefs and blog posts on research design and findings
• Represent the IRC’s Health research priorities at internal and external events, as needed
Education: PhD or Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, or related field
Work Experience: PhD with 2-3 years or master’s with 4-6 years of work experience in research on topics related to the primary health care, including mental health and psychosocial support, infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, or similar field in the humanitarian or development sector. Experience working with complex datasets and managing research projects.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• High degree of proven organizational and project management skills required, and experience facilitating groups of collaborators to deliver high quality outputs according to established deadlines
• Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills. Knowledge of STATA preferred
• Experience conducting research or managing research projects in humanitarian and/or development settings
• At least three-years of field research experience in humanitarian or low-resource setting, with demonstrated experience leading their own research
• Experience training and supervising field teams, project management, and history of publication of results
• Superior internal and external communication and coordination capabilities and capability to operate independently and as a team member. Excellent writing skills required.
• Experience in or knowledge of cash and/or voucher programs and livelihoods interventions and relevant research preferred
• Experience managing donor funded programs and grants, including budget management, workplans, and reporting, and providing technical input to proposal-budget development efforts
Language Skills: English required; French, Spanish, Arabic, or another IRC working language preferred
The IRC is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Cette offre d'emploi est pourvue. Veuillez ne pas envoyer votre candidature sur cette offre.
Vous pouvez voir les offres disponibles en cliquant ici.