The Airbel Impact Lab, IRC’s Research & Innovation Unit, designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for or people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, research, and strategy in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and rigor, and a desire to think afresh with the experience of a large-scale implementing organization.
The Grants & Budget Manager will join Airbel’s operations team to help us deliver high-quality grants management across our portfolio. Reporting to the Grants & Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with Airbel technical and project leads, in-country and HQ grants staff, finance, and business development teams to ensure timely and accurate grant reporting, maintain grant records, lead the proposal process for new grants, and ensure compliance with donor grant agreements. You will also support our business development and department planning through portfolio financial strategy and analysis, coordinating staffing allocations and helping us identify and resolve project risks.
- Lead proposal development process: Create proposal development workplans and coordinate inputs across HQ, country teams, and partners, work with technical leads to develop budgets for grant proposals, and ensure we are meeting donor compliance and IRC review processes.
- Review, track, and analyze expenditures for assigned Airbel grants; prepare and review Budget vs Actual reports on a monthly basis to ensure expenses are in line with grant requirements.
- Lead the effective setup and management of grants processes, including facilitating Project Opening Meetings, creation of procurement and spending plans with project leads, alignment of roles and responsibilities, and review and internal monitoring schedules.
- Create spending plans and support expenditure according to projections; hold monthly meetings with project teams to review expenditure and update spending plans.
- Coordinate sub-grants with partners: Draft, review, and process sub-awards, develop relationships with sub-grant partners, and monitor partnerships during implementation.
- Ensure that spending adheres to donor terms and conditions and IRC compliance policies throughout project implementation. Work with relevant Airbel and HQ-based finance staff to ensure accuracy of grant financial reports.
- Coordinate with grants staff across other IRC departments and country programs to track and allocate Airbel staff funding in grants led by other units.
- Maintain high-quality knowledge and information management by maintaining up to date grant files.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience managing grants, running budgets, and project management.
- Experience in supporting funding proposals for humanitarian/development projects from governmental, institutional and research-focused donors across multiple sectors such as health, education and protection.
- Experience supporting complex grants and projects throughout implementation, including compliance, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Excellent budget management skills including budget development, tracking expenses and developing spending plans; with high proficiency in Excel.
- Experience of working with local partners, including monitoring and capacity building.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: able to effectively collaborate with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and across various time zones.
- The ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required.
- Bonus if you also have:
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic.
- Experience with large public funders (such as FCDO, USAID, SIDA, ECHO, etc.)
- Working Environment: Standard office work environment. This role may require working remotely full or part time, and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter rescue.csod.com.