Agriculture Curriculum Associate CDI
Title : Agriculture Curriculum Associate
Location : Thies, Senegal
Reports to : Agriculture Director
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Agriculture Curriculum Associate creates engaging training programs and materials for myAgro clients and staff. You report to the Agriculture Director, and support our growing team and client base by working with managers and technical experts to develop content, train trainers, and follow-up on execution to improve training modules over time. So what kind of person will be successful in this role?
- You embrace design thinking. You are comfortable going into an uncertain situation and using the process of design thinking to create solutions that are well adapted to the target audience.
- You understand how people learn. You love to explain complex topics to others. You are a observer and listener, and you can assess understanding, read emotions and make adjustments. You are familiar with the science of learning, and know how to design a training curriculum.
- You are full of ideas and love to brainstorm. You also know how to take your wild ideas and bring them down to Earth to form realistic possibilities.
Farmer and employee success hinges on the quality of the training they receive. The Ag Curriculum Associate will help us maximize our team members’ capacities and the return on investment for hundreds of thousands of farmers.
Design training programs and materials
- Conduct field research with training beneficiaries to identify the best approaches
- Develop training curricula for farmers and field staff
- Work with technical specialists to create visual – and audio-based training materials
- Work with managers to train trainers
- Conduct regular field visits to observe training execution and provide feedback to field staff
- Use field observations to improve training modules
- Design creative training approaches and implement A-B style testing to evaluate effectiveness
- 3 years of developing training content – preferably with expanding programs
- Experience working with and training rural farmers in Africa
- Proficiency with graphic design tools
- Fluency in French and English
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
How to apply
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.