Maersk recruits 01 Accounting Manager
Who are we:
Maersk offers exciting career opportunities in a truly international working environment. When you join Maersk, the world becomes your workplace. A career at Maersk means working in a culturally diverse, high-spirited and performance stimulating environment where everything we do is centered around our customers. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and an ambitious logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. You will feel the diversity and dynamics of our international business from day one. We commit to providing the best possible development and career growth to all our employees. At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job.
The Area Accounting Manager will be the anchor point for all accounting and compliance related matters across the Area as well as the senior liaison between the frontline and various GSC teams. The responsibilities of the Area Accounting Manager include ownership of and providing insight into the Financial Statements, the book close process, quality of reconciliations as well as supporting our area tax and treasury organisation.
The Area Accounting Manager has to ensure true and fair view of financials and management accounts are published effectively. In addition, the Area Accounting Manager will need to be on top of governance, own the corporate structure and secure our license to operate.
The Area Accounting Manager is expected to be the leader of the Accounting Manager community in the Areas and drive a strong and coherent communication and development structure to uplift the overall quality of the accounting manager function. The role entails building a trusted relationship with key internal stakeholders, leading without authority, and working remotely with various teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- A significant and strategic role in a large area where you will utilise your finance expertise to drive business decisions aimed at maximizing sustainable value creation
- Through your leadership, you will gain an in-depth understanding of financial management from a leadership perspective, sharpen your commercial acumen and enhance your stakeholder management skills
- In addition, you will have visibility and exposure in the area leadership and area and global finance community for future career development within the Maersk Group
Accounting and Finance
- Ensures a timely and accurate book close in collaboration with GSC ATR, CEN and the Areas, including BCO for LnS.
- Generate insight into monthly Financial Statements to outcome owners through close cooperation with the Areas and the GSC and review of all audited Financial statements before signature from Directors.
- Drive review of financial statements in the areas together with Area Finance Managers and Area Accounting Managers
- Effectively addresses exposures in balance sheet in areas with action plan to minimize exposures
- Act as the focal point for all accounting and finance improvements (example: mobile payment solutions, local accounting GAAP implementation in SAP etc)
- Manages indirect SG&A (functions) and drives performance in various SG&A cost types (e.g. Travel, office cost, market, audit and legal spent)
Area Tax and Treasury Support
- Be main Finance focal point for area tax organisation, support in identification and addressing tax risks across the region and drive improvement projects
- Be main Finance focal point for regional treasury manager. Support in addressing and avoiding trapped cash to the extent possible.
- Focus on optimising remittance to group and ensure a lean cash balance.
- Keep oversight of (tax) audit cycle and audit finding closure.
Corporate Structure and Compliance
- Ensures Areas are compliant with any Corporate matters such as GAM, GEMS, legal name change and supports in successful setup of new legal entities and IT infrastructures to carry out business activities compliant with local regulation
- Drive a lean corporate structure to the extent possible and be the main corporate focal point to relevant CEN teams
Community Building and Training
- Be a role model for our values
- Reinforcing APMM culture and values through leading by example
- Lead Accounting Manager community in areas and set direction on area priorities
- Actively support capability development of accounting managers in areas
- Support change programs and be main focal for Area accounting managers on implementation thereof
Who we are looking for:
- 7-10 years of relevant financial experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- A professional degree in chartered accounting (CPA, ACCA, CA, CIMA) is seen as a pre
- Solid (virtual) communication and stakeholder management skills and comfortable working with a wide range of business and functional stakeholders and various levels in the organisation
- Ability to make an impact and influence processes beyond the formal scope of your job description
- Highly skilled in written and spoken English
- Strong business ethics, conducts all activities with honesty and integrity in line with company values; looks out for the best interest of the companyWorking remotely with various teams to achieve desired outcomes
If the above information sounds good to you, please apply by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on the top of the page.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.maersk.com.