Consultant en communication CDD
L’UNESCO recrute un Consultant en communication
UNESCO and partners have been implementing the Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future (O3) Programme in sub-Saharan Africa since 2018. Implemented across 33 countries, O3 stands as the largest comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) programme in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) to empower adolescents and young people (AYP) and builds agency, while developing the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and competencies required for preventing HIV, reducing early and unintended pregnancies (EUPs), and eliminating gender-based violence (GBV).
The Programme objectives are to
- Secure and sustain strong political commitment and support for adolescent and youth access to comprehensive sexuality education and sexual and reproductive health services throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
- Support the implementation of accurate, rights-based, and good quality sexuality education programs that provide essential knowledge, values, and skills for safer behaviors, reduced teen pregnancy, and gender equality.
- Ensure that schools and community environments are safer, healthier and inclusive for all youth.
- Strengthen the evidence base on comprehensive sexuality education and safer school environments.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the guidance the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for West Africa (Sahel), and the direct supervision of the Regional Communication Officer (Education for Health and Well-being), the consultant will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of regional communication and advocacy strategies and campaigns, contribute to the planning and organization of high-level events and monitor the impact of communication efforts to enhance the visibility of UNESCO’s activities in education for health and wellbeing.
Specifically, the Consultant will undertake the following:
1. Support the visibility of the O3 Programme:
- Contribute to the implementation of the communication strategy and visibility of the O3 Programme
- Develop communication materials related to the O3 Programme activities (templates, presentations, visuals for social networks)
- Contribute to the writing of articles for the UNESCO website and write messages for social networks
- Assist the cluster in writing, editing and translating documents related to the O3 Programme
2. Support visibility and advocacy for the creation of an enabling environment for health education:
- Contribute to the implementation of the communication and advocacy strategy
- Support the regional communication and advocacy campaign “Education Saves Lives” by contributing to the production of communication and advocacy content and materials at the regional and national levels
- Contribute to the writing of content for the website and for social networks
3. Support the creation of materials for journalists and a press list for the WCA region
4. Contribute to the organization of O3 Programme events, including high-level regional events
5. Support any other activities of the Education Sector at the Dakar Office as needed
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- An advanced university degree (equivalent to Masters) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or relevant Political or Social Sciences.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications, of which preferably two years at the international level
- Experience working with civil society, multi-lateral agencies, and international non-government organisations
- Understanding and mastery of traditional media and new digital communication tools.
- Track record in contributing to the development of successful digital or advocacy campaigns.
- Track record in writing and editing content for digital platforms (website, social media, news).
- Full working proficiency in French (oral and written) and working knowledge of English
- Previous experience working with UN agencies on similar assignments
- Capabilities to use multimedia tools such as the Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) or Canva
- Familiarity with CMS
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
To apply, please go to the bottom of this page, click on “apply now” and complete the on-line application by providing complete and accurate information. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
Please note that shortlisted candidates might be requested to send a portfolio including recent writing samples and examples of previous work in digital campaigning, advocacy and multimedia.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
Cette offre d'emploi est pourvue. Veuillez ne pas envoyer votre candidature sur cette offre.
Vous pouvez voir les offres disponibles en cliquant ici.