Industrial Food Processor Capacity Assessment Contractor CDI
TechnoServe hiring Industrial Food Processor Capacity Assessment Contractor.
The overall objective of this assignment is to assess the food processing sector in Senegal, including flow into and out of the country, to determine industry strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges related to LSFF, and to identify private sector firms that are well-positioned to effectively and sustainably conduct LSFF in accordance with national standards. The information collected will be used to inform USAID/Senegal’s engagement with the Government of Senegal (GoS) in the effort to increase compliance and scale up the fortification of salt, edible oil, and wheat flour, while looking into the feasibility of other food vehicles.
Experience and Skills Required
- Master’s degree in food science, food technology or other relevant field
- At least 8 years of experience related to Senegalese industrial food processor sector
- Engaging the private sector on LSFF and/ or food technology
- Conducting food sector market analysis for private, public, or development actors
- Designing and analyzing quantitative data
- Designing and coding qualitative analysis
- Working in remote teams is a plus
- West Africa regional experience in trade of staple foods a plus
- Excellent data analytical skills, including ability to synthesize complex findings
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to stick to tight deadlines
- and produce high quality deliverables
- Strong writing skills to prepare concise reports that synthesize main findings,
- conclusions, and recommendations
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Advance level of written and verbal French
- Fluency in written and verbal English
Closing date: December 14, 2022.