UNFPA hiring Special Assistant to the Regional Director.
The Special Assistant performs a range of administrative functions and engages in special projects and assignments in order to maximize the Regional Director’s time and effectiveness. S/he will also play a role in communications including speech writing, preparing presentations using the most appropriate software/digital tool and other event planning, meeting support and cross-organizational initiatives with sister UN agencies. This includes carrying out substantive analysis and providing summaries to the Regional Director on major documentation covering all aspects of the West & Central Africa Regional Office work, and policy and programme activities from within UNFPA and the UN system requiring the Regional Director’s involvement.
This role requires outstanding professionalism and discretion, organization and attention to detail, energy and initiative, the ability to deftly multi-task and a willingness to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree in Political Science, International Relations, Communication, English and or French Literature, Marketing, Social Sciences or a related subject.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive technical area, of which at least two years at the international level;
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical ability and professional experience in policy analysis and development work;
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working methods, particularly with UNFPA agenda, policies, and programming procedures;
- Excellent writing and strong oral communication skills;
- Capacity to work well within a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to form strategic partnerships and to collect and analyze strategic information in the field of Population and Sexual and Reproductive Health;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
- Fluency in English and French is required to enable effective communication with English speaking and French speaking country coordination groups and local organizations (West and Central Africa region).
Closing date: 21 Dec 2022