The ISS seeks a dynamic project manager with specialist knowledge on human security in the West African littoral states. The position requires exceptional project management, networking and administrative skills to guide the team on delivery of quality research processes and products. Fundraising experience and a passion for improving human security in coastal states will be vital.
Our project managers are independent thinkers, driven by the goal of seeing Africa achieve its potential. They understand that achieving results requires efficient project and financial administration, and motivated, capable teams. Project managers are comfortable performing a range of tasks – from representing ISS on international panels, to interrogating research findings and discussing workable solutions with government and civil society partners.
The successful candidate will report to the Regional Director for West Africa, the Sahel and the Lake Chad Basin in Dakar.
Overview of duties
- Plan, manage and implement projects on violent extremism, conflict analysis, political dynamics and transitions in the littoral states
- Ensuring quality control and delivery of outputs and outcomes in line with donor contracts and the ISS strategic plan
- Financial and budget planning and controls
- Donor and internal management reporting
- Identify new fundraising opportunities, write concept notes, funding proposals and budgets in support of the regional director
- Develop annual work plans for staff in line with the regional office work plan, donor agreements and the ISS Results-Based Framework
- Manage staff performance and development
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Ensure effective communication of results to target audiences
- Initiate, plan and undertake primary and secondary research
- A postgraduate qualification (Master’s or PhD) in Social Sciences, Law, Humanities or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a policy research or policy making environment, international organisation or government at a management level
- At least 5 years experience in managing multifaceted projects and subordinate team members
- Strong understanding of and contribution to human security and development policy in the coastal states
- Expertise in analysing information and developing practical recommendations from research results
- Experience in the design and management of research, policy advocacy and training and technical assistance programmes
- Experience in building relationships with partners and stakeholders as a means to shape policy and action
- Experience in fund raising and donor liaison, including writing proposals and reports
- A strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation, and the use of Results Based Management frameworks
- Exceptional French and English communications skills (verbal and written)
- A strong team leader with excellent interpersonal skills
The position is based in Dakar. The length of the contract will be 2 years, and may be renewed subject to the requirements of the regional office, funding and satisfactory performance. A competitive salary is offered.
Email your application to Aida Niang at [email protected]. Applicants must provide a cover letter and detailed CV, including at least three contactable referees. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 9 January 2023.
The ISS values diversity, professional integrity and innovation in the workplace. Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
1 réflexion sur “Project Manager, littoral West African states”
Je voudrais bénéficier des offres d’emploi