The Senior CSA Project Management Officer, under supervision of the Senegal Country Representative, will lead the implementation of the Project being directly responsible for applying his/her specialized conceptual knowledge and judgment to produce technical deliverables of the Project. She/he will be leading a multi-disciplinary and cross-geography team of staff members, including the Program Associate, consulting firms, as well as internal (GGGI) and external part-time experts and consultants and coordinate the work of an international Korean NGO in charge of implementing a full component to ensure timely and high-quality delivery within the assigned budget. The Senior CSA Program Officer will collaborate closely with the Senegal Country Representative, Head of Program to build and maintain relationships with the key stakeholders, both in the private sector, and in government as well as identify and leverage opportunities to raise awareness and share knowledge regarding project activities and outcomes.
The duration of the position is 3-years with the possibility of extension.
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as « green growth », which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
GGGI, hosted in Senegal by the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development, is currently implementing together with its Government and Non- Government partners and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs of the Republic of Korea (MAFRA) a 3-year project titled “Climate-Smart Agriculture and Sustainable Value Chains in Senegal”.
The Project aims to enhance food self-sufficiency and security and strengthen climate resiliency in Senegal by addressing the critical underlying issues affecting the productivity and resilience of the rice and vegetable value chains through a mix of innovative interventions including knowledge and technology transfer, access to finance, capacity building programs for the agriculture sector.
The Project pursues a multi-dimensional, climate smart agriculture approach targeting the agriculture – food security – energy– water and climate change nexus.
- Lead the implementation of the Project, including the full project management cycle including but not limited to workplan development, budget management, resource planning and management, risk management and project monitoring and evaluation. This includes Donor, Government, and GGGI internal reporting tasks when applicable.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary and cross-geography team of staff members, consultants, firms, and other experts and oversee the collaboration with an international Korean NGO sub-granted under the Project.
- Provide technical supervision, guidance and support the implementation of Climate Smart Agriculture practices and technologies (including the design of greenhouse).
- Originate and develop spin-off green employment opportunities for youth and women digital agripreneurs, including the design et setup of an innovative farmers’ digital agribusiness hub, potential additional resource mobilization to further accelerate the design of innovative financial products and services.
- Assess effectiveness of project activities and recommend improvements to meet key milestones for the project delivery.
- Build and ensure synergy and alignment of the Project with the existing partnerships and ongoing projects/programs in climate smart agriculture, in priority.
- Oversee the quality of the results as well as the effective and efficient delivery of results.
- Support liaison with the CSA Regional Specialist for Africa, CSA Community of Practice in HQ, and other CSA practitioners in the country and region to draw good practices and knowledge to inform programming.
- Work closely with universities, research and development institutions, and relevant partners identified in the rice and vegetable value chains such as (but not limited too) the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Equipment, the National Company of Development and Exploitation of Land in the Delta of Senegal River, SAED, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural, Korean Program on International Agriculture (KOPIA), Better-World Korea NGO, Korean Food and Agriculture Cooperation Initiative (KAFACI), AfricaRice research Center, farmers organization, financial institutions, and the Municipalities where applicable.
- Lead the day-to-day communication with the key implementing partners in the ground and other development partners as Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) projects in the Senegal River Valley, The Korea Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA), to ensure alignment and complementarity and identify opportunity for cooperation when possible.
- Deploy strategies to secure collaboration/garner buy-in and support from a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure local ownership of the various analytical outputs.
- Coordinate with GGGI experts and other divisions (legal, HR, Partnerships, Procurement, Korean Liaison Unit etc.) to ensure high quality and integrated delivery as One GGGI and compliance of the rules and regulations of GGGI and the funder MAFRA.
- Regularly updates and consults with the GGGI Senegal Country Representative to ensure and enhance project delivery.
- Effectively manage the relationship with the donor partner-MAFRA by reporting on a timely basis and by presenting opportunities to participate in appropriate CSA activities and outreach.
- Organize project execution consistent with the Project objectives engaging national counterparts to “contribute to increasing agricultural productivity and climate resilience for rice and vegetable value chains” and building reputation for quality design and reliable delivery.
- Organize program activities including trainings, workshops, and knowledge sharing events, and support in the facilitation of these activities based on yearly/ biannual work programs and budget plans.
- Provide technical leadership to staff members/consultants and build capacity of internal staff, government officials where applicable, farmers and partners involved in the project implementation.
- Ensure the generation of evidence-based knowledge and information on CSA for the selected pilots.
- Adapt project cycle and enhance project implementation process to ensure project outcomes are delivered as planned.
- Ensure successful delivery for the Consortium partners to design demonstration units in a set of pilot farms for climate-smart cropping system.
- Ensure successful completion of the project deliverables detailed in the Project Agreement.
- Successful team management, ensuring GGGI’s core values are embedded in the delivery of the Project and making sure staff wellbeing is key for the implementation.
- Safeguards, Poverty Reduction, Gender, and Social Inclusion are key for this Project and need to be mainstreamed and/or applied in all deliveries and outputs.
- Responsible for timely monitoring and reporting relating to the Project by closely working with the Program Head, Project Associate, and M&E Associate under the direction and guidance of the GGGI Senegal Country Representative.
- Under the direction and guidance of the GGGI Senegal Country Representative design general and country-specific content with the support of the Communications Associate and Project Associate to raise awareness on the Project and enhance buy-in among stakeholders.
- Advanced academic degree in the field of engineering, agricultural science, or finance and/or a combination of engineering, agriculture, or economics.
- At least seven years relevant experience in policy, adaptation planning, Micro-Small Medium Enterprise engagement and/or project implementation in the agriculture (CSA), energy (solar) sectors.
- Experience in identification, design, preparation and/or implementation of agriculture projects for developing countries or Africa.
- Experience in the solar energy/solar technology sector would be an advantage.
- Experience in day-to-day engagement with Government ministries and agencies. Experience in engaging with private sector actors, including investors and micro-finance institutions, other stakeholders (NGOs, civil society, community-based groups) would be an advantage.
- Experience of requirements and procedures of international financing institutions, bilateral donors/organizations, or multilateral organizations.
- Experience in project cycle management.
- Experience applying participatory approaches, gender, environmental and social inclusion safeguards.
- Experience working in developing countries or Africa. Experience in Senegal is an advantage.
- Overall understanding of the concept of green growth and climate change vulnerability in the context of Africa.
- Fluency in English and Korean and excellent report writing skills are essential.
- Leadership, teamwork, and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently while following agreed work plans and instructions.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) in English and Korean, ICT and facilitation skills.
Problem solver, able to find and implement solutions.
- Innovative thinker, able to see opportunities across different sectors/disciplines.
- Anticipate and provide necessary technical and content-based support.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Senegal.
- Applies sufficient technical skills to acquire relevant information/knowledge from a variety of sources which are often difficult to access, in support of delivery of a good quality output.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Promote the best use of public resources.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership.
- Process and share information easily.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff and consultants.
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country
1 réflexion sur “Senior Climate Smart Agriculture Project Management Officer”