Save the Children
TITLE: Roving Talent Acquisition Specialist
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Human Resources
LOCATION: West & Central Africa countries or any WCA country with Save the Children presence
GRADE: NATIONAL 4
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year renewable
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
As a key member of the Regional HR team and in close collaboration with Regional HR Director and Recruitment teams in the region, this position will provide resourcing service to the Regional Office and Country Offices in compliance with the resourcing strategy and staffing plans and by building collaborative internal and external relationships and networks.
This position will working both from the duty station and roving to different countries to lead on key recruitments in order to meet the changing needs in humanitarian context
The role will ensure that recruitment policies and procedures are properly designed and implemented in alignment with Save the Children International global resourcing policies and guidelines. The role will implement the best practices to recruit for individuals who are aligned with the organizational culture while ensuring Save the Children International is an employer of choice. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Human Resources Director
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 9 countries in the West and Central Africa Region with a current staff complement of approximately 2,000 staff and current expenditure of approximately $ 184 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supporting the HR teams and managers with workforce planning
- Support the HR teams in planning the recruitment process for humanitarian positions and other key roles in the region
- Leading on resourcing strategies to attract, recruit talented and diverse workforce needed for the region.
- Provide advise on resourcing strategy, reviwing JDs to ensure compliance with SCI format, preparation of adverts and posting in internal and external job sites
- Deepen and widen the talent pools that Save the Children International has access to and support senior level recruitment
- Execute full lifecycle talent acquisition activities for key senior roles across West and Central Africa region including full reference/background checks and vetting of candidates
- Source high performing individuals that are representative of the places where we work, with a particular focus on leadership positions in humanitarian
- eveloping and maintaining a Regional external talent pool including, candidate’s database and professional networks directory.
- Actively engage with potential candidates including our global internal talent within Save the Children.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with talent sources in the region and globally, including other Save the Children members, technical networks, private sector, academic institutions.
- Promote Save the Children International as an employer of choice by using social media, attending recruitment events, professional networks and job boards.
- Sharing of weekly bulletins in the region and with other relevant networks
- Providing training on Recruitment, interviewing skills and others to relevant Regional and Country Program staff
- Training the Regional and Country Office HR on safe recruitment.
- Reporting on employment activity from on boarding to terminating employee monitoring turn over and staff mobility
- Collaboration with the Regional and Country Program teams on turnover and staff retention
- Monitoring and providing support to ensure compliance and Data Quality on Taleo
Support the change management process for the transition within your Region
- Role modelling and supporting the development of an organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors
- Serve as a strong advocate of change and supporting initiatives developed to accomplish the company’s overall objectives
- Support the RHRD in the change process of e-recruitment. Serve as a strong advocate of change and supporting initiatives developed to accomplish the company’s overall objectives
- Any other duties as may be allocated
- University degree in Human resources, general management or business administration or a combination of relevant field.
- Additional training on Talent Acquisition will be an added advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Significant experience of senior recruitment/talent acquisition with good knowledge of the NGO field operations
- Advanced experience with successful sourcing strategies for globally representative and diverse candidates with good knowledge of social media recruitment, internet searching, use of LinkedIN and applicant tracking systems
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Demonstrated experience in use of Human Resources system and other relevant softwares, knowledge of TALEO will be an added advantage
- Experience in in general HR administration operations role, within an international environment;
- xcellent written and verbal communication skills and engagement with diverse teams
- Demonstrated success working well in a team environment while also acting and thinking independently.
- Experience in a multicultural and/or multi-locational environment
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies
- Willingness to travel frequently across West & Central Africa region including field offices as will be required
- Fluency in English and French
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42NDAwNS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter reliefweb.int.