Program Finance Officer CDI
Save the Children
TITLE: PROGRAM FINANCE OFFICER
LOCATION: Regional OfficeDakar, Senegal
GRADE: National 4
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The West and Central Africa Region has a Regional Office (RO) in Dakar. The primary role of the RO is to support and build the capacity of nine Country Offices across the region. The RO is also a small business unit in itself and as such receives funds from SCI and Donors to run both oversight related operations as well as regional programmes. The RO will need back-office support to assure proper use and management of these funds; the Program Finance Officer supports the financial operations of the RO.
The Program Finance Officer will work as part of the WCA Regional Finance Team and his/her primary function is acting as Finance point person for the regional office implementing partners and awards financial management. The Program Finance Officer contributes to the implementation of the policies and procedures and ensures that controls and procedures for Regional awards and partners are implemented. The post holder also takes on some tasks of the Program Finance Coordinator and the other finance staff during their absences. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Finance Coordinator
Number of direct reports: None
Role Dimensions: The SCI WCA Regional Office has overall annual expenditure of around $10m, with $4m for the core work of the RO (overseeing the work of 9 Country Offices in the region) and $6m for the programmes implemented by the RO. The Program Finance Officer will be concerned with financial management of around $3m of these programmes.
Annual Gross Salary Level : XOF12,000,000 – XOF16,000,000 (offer will be based on experience/internal equity and financial ability).
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Monitoring transactions for accuracy
- Work with the budget holders to ensure accurate budget phasing are done and loaded in the finance system.
- Ensure adherence to Save the Children global policies and essential standards in relation to finance processes and procedures.
- Work closely with business development team to establish and consolidate any regional proposal budget
- Prepare monthly Budget versus Actual reports (BVAs) for budget holders for awards, discussing and agreeing actions with budget holders
- Process the reallocation of expenses as required by the budget holders.
- Undertake any financial actions needed before closure of awards
- Flag any unspent award at least three months before closing date
- Flag and prepare any adjustment needed on transactions
- Continually improve compliance with donor regulations and flag any exceptions with management
- Actively assist Program Finance Coordinator to gather necessary information for Master Budget and Forecasts
- Prepare Regional Awards financial reports for donors
- Review partners expenses and follow up to obtain any missing document and clarification
- Reconcile partner accounts
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate and complete paper files of all awards and partners documents.
- Perform partners monitoring visits and trainings
- Ensure regional awards are ready for audits
- Gather documentation for audits and liaise with auditors as required
- Undergo short remote secondments to Country Offices in the region to assist with financial duties related to programs
- Perform other relevant Save the Children duties as assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant CPA or ACCA and a degree in business related subjects
- 2 to 4 years’ experience at Finance Officer level with an INGO or similar institution
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- A high level of written and verbal communication in English and French and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience of computer use (MS-Excel, PowerPoint & MS-Word), preferably with accounting package Agresso.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wMTIyOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20