ACF International recruits 01 Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) Nutrition Specialist
Under the direct supervision of Associate Director, Nutrition at Action Against Hunger Canada and indirect supervision of the IPC Regional Coordinator at the IPC Global Support Unit (GSU), the responsibilities of the IPC Nutrition Specialist will be:
Technical Support for Capacity Development and Delivery of IPC AMN Analyses
- Conduct IPC acute malnutrition trainings for regional and country level partners and other trainings on thematic topics as needed.
- Support and promote other activities related to IPC capacity development, including preparation of training and analysis packages, cross-country learning exchange package and other efforts in support of the IPC Community of Practice at regional and country level.
- Provide technical guidance to country stakeholders on data collection and analysis to ensure that data meets the requirements for IPC analysis.
- Support country IPC Technical Working Groups for the preparation of IPC AMN analyses, including gathering, re-analyzing and organizing data.
- Lead and facilitate IPC AMN analyses by engaging with partners at country level.
- Provide remote technical support for IPC AMN analyses led by partners.
- Provide technical support to country IPC Technical Working Groups for the analysis of linkages between IPC AMN and IPC Acute
Food Insecurity (AFI) or to Cadre Harmonisé
- Provide support for content development of IPC AMN reports and other communication outputs, including joint IPC AMN – AFI communication products.
- Planning and Coordination Support at Regional and Country Level
- Contribute to regular planning of IPC AMN activities at regional level.
- Support multi-partner coordination efforts for the planning and implementation of IPC AMN trainings and AMN analyses at regional and country level.
- Promote and support engagement of all relevant country stakeholders in IPC processes.
- Promote and support synergies, linkages, and complementarities between IPC and nutrition information systems, early warning systems, and the overall Humanitarian Program Cycle at regional and country level.
- Where relevant, advocate for and support the expansion of data collection by partners and, consequently IPC AMN analyses coverage at country level.
- Support coordination efforts with regional-level Action Against Hunger technical support service for nutrition assessments.
- Support the IPC Regional Coordinator and IPC/CH partners at regional and country level to strengthen the institutionalization and governance of the IPC/CH.
- Support lessons learning exercises at country level to inform action to enhance in-country IPC AMN analyses within the broader framework of the Humanitarian Program Cycle
- Support the expansion and introduction of the IPC AMN in new countries, prioritizing those facing major food crises.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in one of the following fields: Nutrition, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, or other related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in nutrition assessments and/or analysis.
- 3-5 years of work experience in developing countries and emergency context.
- Experience working with international and local partners and local authorities.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other attributes
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrable partner coordination skills and ability to work well within multi-sector and multi-agency working groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English as well as French.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to establish harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Portuguese or Arabic would be considered an asset.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter employ.acf-e.org.