International Rescue Committee
The Gender Equality Diversity & Inclusion (GEDI) Unit is a strategic unit and organizational change lever responsible for developing a GEDI vision and strategy for the IRC, and empowering IRC departments to deliver on the DEI Strategy and the GEDI Action Plan. The Unit establish IRC’s approach to Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, building on the advances we made toward gender equality to strengthen our people, program quality, and influence foundations through a GEDI lens and achieve our GEDI ambitions in key functional areas.
You will Serve as a thought partner to the Chief GEDI Officer to devise organizational strategy and tactics to change management, challenging existing paradigm to ensure effective implementation of the IRC DEI strategy and strengthen our Feminist approach. You will support the anticipation and mitigation of potential challenges to the goals and action plans, and devise strategies and implement plans to avoid these coming to fruition. You will partner with the Chief GEDI officer to build and manage a highly effective team, modeling healthy, collaborative intra- and inter-departmental working relationships. You will be a visible and inspiring intersectional feminist leader and anti-racism champion that support implementation of strategies that enable change at global systemic level for women girls and historically marginalized staff and clients.
Position Reports to Chief Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion officer
Strategy and delivery of the GEDI action plan
• Ensure feminist principles and practices are rooted in GEDI action plan implementation strategies and our broader organizational strategies.
• Work with regional GEDI directors to identify and uplift learning from countries and regions to advise global policies and practices to improve impact with a focus on our commitment to women and girls.
• Collaborate with and advise People and Culture senior leaders and other relevant department to identify best strategy practices to advance GEDI goal in their respective area this include HR, learning and talent management, leadership development, Well being and safeguarding.
• Be responsible for the delivery of Global GEDI initiatives including piloting and testing new practices.
• Maintain an updated understanding of the industry and relevant sector practices and coordinate internal knowledge management and learning to advise our approach and delivery strategies.
• Provide technical support to IRC Head quarter team in developing and leading activities to strengthen inclusion and belonging for staff, this includes supporting Employee Groups, communities of practice and learning initiatives.
• Partner with HR to support HQ Unit to devise and implement the best strategy to embed increase diversity in management roles in support of our diversity and inclusive leadership goals.
Staff and External engagement
• Partner with the GEDI council, HR and communication team to development and implement an organization-wide approach to enhance staff engagement to support our Gender equality Diversify and inclusion efforts
• Partner with our External Relations department to develop and drive external engagement agenda and the GEDI unit contribution to key debates in humanitarian GEDI-related policy and practices
• Minimum 8 – 10 years in leading organizational Gender equality and D&I strategy at a global scale requiring cross-departmental collaboration to deliver ambitious goals.
• Track record leading and influencing organization efforts to adopt intersectional Feminist approach as core to all programs and operations.
• Experience leading and supporting change management to embed an inclusive and equitable work culture both where there is direct line management responsibility and through influencing.
• International program implementation experience
• Strategy and problem-solving experience accurately diagnosing business challenges, and devising, crafting buy-in for, and implementing effective solutions with timely and efficient performance metrics.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Deep commitment to and knowledge of strategies to advance Gender equality, diversity, equality, and inclusion;
• proven experience in incorporating feminist perspectives and ensuring equal participation in the workplace
• Outstanding project and stakeholder management skills with a consistent record delivery high-reaching, complex, and sensitive initiatives on timelines.
• Demonstrable understanding of how power dynamics affect organizations and the ability to amplify the voices of individuals from under-represented groups
• Change management and organizational development
• Stellar communication skills in written and verbal form.
• Highly versatile and flexible, with a high degree of comfort in changing and refining priorities and results.
• Team leadership
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply