Please note this position is contingent upon award to PATH and approval from USAID.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH seeks a Country Operations Director for the USAID-funded Reaching every at-risk community and household with malaria services (REACH Malaria) global project. The purpose of the anticipated contract is to provide implementation support services and technical assistance to countries to accelerate progress in comprehensive delivery of facility and community-based malaria services, including malaria case management, prevention of malaria in pregnancy, seasonal malaria chemoprevention, health systems strengthening, data collection and use for service delivery, and other malaria prevention interventions.
The Country Operations Director will lead the Country Operations team, which will be responsible for providing operational support to the implementation of activities in accordance with approved work plans under buy-ins across the 27 PMI priority countries.
- Provide operational leadership to oversee and support country activities from start up to close out, ensuring activities are accomplished on time and within budget, and project targets achieved.
- Manage a geographically dispersed country operations team, including Country Directors and program backstops.
- Ensure technical and operational support for country activity implementation, project planning and reporting.
- Lead development of approaches to build institutional capacity in management and operations for program staff and local partners for continued implementation and sustainability.
- Ensuring effective communications between country teams, partners, and the project core team.
- Identify country implementation bottlenecks and challenges and work with relevant project staff, partners, and other country-based and global stakeholders to develop solutions.
- Oversee project expenditures against the budget and project implementation, encouraging the use of monitoring data to foster improvement in program quality.
- Coordinate closely with the REACH Director of Finance and Administration and PATH departments including Human Resources, IT, Office of Grants and Contracts, Legal Affairs, and others as necessary to ensure timely and efficient country operations.
- Support Country Directors with establishing organizational structures and recruiting staff
- Ensure compliance with USAID contract policies and procedures related to program implementation.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in business administration, public health, or related field.
- At least ten years of experience in progressively more senior roles in donor-funded projects, including experience with global or multi-country projects as well as large-scale, complex projects.
- Experience with USAID projects, including contracts, and strong understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience with global or multi-country projects preferred.
- Experience managing program implementation and operations for health programs in Africa or Southeast Asia.
- Experience working with local and international NGO and private sector organizations, research institutes, and national and subnational governments.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability in leading geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision‐making, and interpersonal skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Ability to interact professionally in French an advantage.
- Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 25%.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to apply
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter reliefweb.int.